White Sox vs. Cubs Preparations
Friday, June 17, 2011
Information for next week’s Cubs vs. Sox series at U.S. Cellular Field
The Chicago White Sox are making the following recommendations to fans attending next week’s BP Crosstown Cup games vs. the Chicago Cubs:
- Fans should arrive at the ballpark early to minimize delays. Gates to the ballpark will open two hours prior to each game.
- The White Sox strongly recommend that fans utilize public transportation. The CTA Red Line stops near the ballpark at 35th Street, and the Green Line is just two blocks further east.
- New this year is a Metra stop at 35th Street, just east of the Dan Ryan Expressway, along the Rock Island line. For more information about the new Metra stop, its schedule and all public transportation options, please visit the “Getting to U.S. Cellular Field” page of whitesox.com
- Also new at U.S. Cellular Field this season is the Bacardi at the Park restaurant near Gate 5. Bacardi at the Park will open at 11 a.m. each day of the series.
- Prepaid red coupons are accepted in Lots A, B, C and G, and prepaid green coupons are accepted in Lots F and L only. Cash parking will be very limited when lots open (Lots G, F and L; Lot A in the early morning only). Fans seeking cash parking should follow directional signs to available lots. Cash parking is $23.
- Limited overflow parking with free shuttle service will be available all three days at IIT. Remote lots will open two and a half hours before game time and tailgating is prohibited.
- Tailgating is permitted all three days in Lots A-L. Parking lots open two and half hours before the start of each game.
- Fans planning to park and take the CTA downtown to work in the morning can park in Lot A (cash parking) starting at 5 a.m. This option is for fans returning to the ballpark for the game. Lot A is accessible from Wentworth Avenue between 33rd and 35th Streets. Tailgating will not be allowed in Lot A until three hours before the start of the game, when the rest of the parking lots open.
- Fans holding tickets for the upper level will not be able to access other levels of the ballpark. This policy ensures fans safely and comfortably enjoy the game with access to the areas of the ballpark where they bought tickets.
- In accordance with the Illinois law, smoking is prohibited in all areas of U.S. Cellular Field. There is a designated smoking area outside of Gate 2 and Gate 5. Those fans wishing to smoke must proceed to the ground level at the base of the ramps at Gate 2 and Gate 5.
- A portion of Lot B at Gate 5 of the ballpark, north of 35th Street, is designated for cars displaying state-issued disability placards or license plates.
- Alcohol cannot be taken from the park or consumed on public ways, in observation of city regulations.
- Finally, the White Sox ask fans to be respectful of the neighborhood and homes surrounding the ballpark before and after games.