Monday, June 3, 2013
White Sox vs. Mariners at Safeco Field, Seattle (9:10 p.m., CT, CSN) in the opener of a three-game series. Starters: LHP John Danks (0-1, 5.40) for the Sox, LHP Joe Saunders (3-5, 5.57) for the M’s.
Sox Starting Lineup: De Aza, CF; Ramirez, SS; Rios, RF; Konerko, 1B; Viciedo, LF; Dunn, DH; Keppinger, 3B; Flowers, C; Beckham, 2B.
Gordon Beckham, who was hitting .316 through seven games when he broke his left wrist on in Washngton on April 9, is back with the Sox after a successful rehab assignment at Class AAA Charlotte. In eight games and 36 at bats with the Knights, he batted .333 with five RBI and seven runs scored. To make room for Beckham on the 25-man roster, INF Tyler Greene was designated for assignment.
A Good Omen: Sox vs. Mariners by the Numbers
* The White Sox lead the season series against Seattle, winning two of three at U.S. Cellular Field in April.
* The Sox own an eight-game winning streak at Safeco Field.
* In 2012, the Sox went 8-1 vs. the Mariners, 6-0 in Seattle.
* We are 26-5 vs. Seattle since 2010…16-3 at home and 10-2 at Safeco with five total sweeps. Since 2008, the Sox are 35-11 (21-4 at home and 14-7 on the road).
* Since 2010, Sox starters are 16-0 with a 2.64 ERA, 23 quality starts, three complete games and a perfect game during that span.
* The White Sox have not lost consecutive games to the Mariners since September 16-17 of 2009.
The Sox According to GM Rick Hahn
Quote of the Day
@gordonbeckham via Twitter:
“Want to thank all the people that have wished me well over the last 2 months. Looking forward to getting back with the team! Thanks so much!”
Play of the Day
John Danks, who will be making his third start of the season tonight, is 7-0 with a 1.31 ERA in his last eight starts against the Mariners.
White Sox vs. Mariners at Safeco Field, Seattle (9:10 p.m., CT, CSN). Starters: RHP Jake Peavy (6-3, 3.62) for the Sox, RHP Felix Hernandez (6-4, 2.38) for Seattle.
Did You Know…
…that 28 years ago today the White Sox chose Mississippi State’s Bobby Thigpen in the fourth round of the amateur draft? He made his big league debut the next year and in 1990 set a major league record with 57 saves. The current Sox bullpen coach is the club’s all-time leader with 201 saves.
Photo of the Day
Danks is looking for his first win of 2013.