After a Series Victory and Off Day, Sox Take Their Act On The Road
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
White Sox vs. Indians at Progressive Field, Cleveland (6:10 p.m., CT, WPRW) in the first of a two-game series and five-game road trip that will continue with three in Detroit. Probable Starters: LHP Jose Quintana for the Sox, RHP Carlos Carrasco for the Tribe.
By the Numbers
* The White Sox collected a season-high five consecutive hits in the first inning of Sunday’s victory.
* David Robertson has retired seven straight batters since April 9, striking out four of the seven.
* Adam LaRoche homered in back-to-back games for the first time in a Sox uniform over the weekend and the first time since September 3 and September 5 of last year for the Nationals against the Dodgers in L.A.
* Jose Abreu has reached base safely in all six of his starts to begin the season (five hits, two walks, 1 HBP).
* Avi Garcia has recorded multi-hit games in three of his six contests this season.
Sale: “A Flamingo in a Hurricane”
Extra Protection for Noesi, Others
Quote of the Day
Gordon Beckham on rookie Micah Johnson:
“He’s doing good. He’s working hard on it, and we have a lot of conversations about it. If I see something I think he should hear, something like that, I’ll pipe in. But he’s doing a good job, he’s working hard. Joe (McEwing) and him are doing a good job making sure they get all their work in. I’m happy with what he’s done so far. And I think he’ll only continue to improve when he gets more comfortable.”
White Sox vs. Indians at Progressive Field (11:00 a.m., CT, CSN). Probable Starters: LHP John Danks for the Sox, RHP Trevor Bauer for the Tribe.
Celebrating the 10th anniversary of the White Sox championship season…
Scott Podsednik beat out a bunt single, stole second and scored on Carl Everett‘s RBI base hit in the sixth inning and then singled in the eventual winning run in the seventh as the Sox edged the Indians 2-1 on April 11 in Cleveland to improve to 5-2 on the season…Freddy Garcia got credit for his first win, allowing just a run and four hits in eight innings of work. Shingo Takatsu earned his third save.
Photo of the Day