Results tagged ‘ Israel Del Toro ’

An All-Star Sale-a-bration

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Today’s News

@Areed43: Chris Sale dominating like usual!!

Chris made Sox fans proud last night at the All-Star Game in New York and our closer couldn’t have said it better on Twitter. Pitching the second and third innings against the National League’s best, Sale was indeed dominating. Six up, six down and the only American League pitcher to work as many as two innings. To top it off, he was the winning pitcher in the A.L.’s 3-0 victory.

The Sox’s two-time All-Star, who pitched a scoreless frame in last year’s Midsummer Classic, set down, in order, hometown hero David Wright, the Rockies’ Carlos Gonzalez and the Cardinals’ Yadier Molina in the second inning and Rockies’ Troy Tulowitzki and Michael Cuddyer and Nationals’ phenom Bryce Harper in the third. Retiring the three Colorado players, Gonzalez and Tulowitzki via the strikeout, no doubt ensures that fans in Denver never want to see Chris pitch against their favorites again.

Quote of the Day

“My blood was pumping,” said Sale. “This is an experience I’ll never forget, for sure. It’s a good feeling!!”

http://atmlb.com/1armBda

Image

Photo of the Day

Another highlight of the All-Star Game for me was to see my good friend, Israel Del Toro, honored before the game as the White Sox winner of the Tribute for Heroes campaign. Here he is with Chris during the pre-game ceremony.

From New Lenox, IL, and huge Sox fan, DT was given a 15 percent chance of survival after an IED explosion in Afghanistan left him with third-degree burns over 85 percent of his body. The burns have necessitated more than 120 surgeries.

He is one tough Son-of-a-Gun and I’m proud to call him my friend.

Image

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 119 other followers